In part I of this article we discussed how we are made up of so much more than id, ego and super-ego. Yes, bad things do happen to good people. That is life on earth. If every day were a perfect day with no challenges we’d already be in heaven. But, you don’t have to be a victim of circumstances. You can be victorious over circumstances.
II) Connecting with our Inner-selves can create a more fulfilling life.
We have the innate ability to be a winner in life no matter how difficult our challenges may be because we are never alone. We have guidance that we can tap into.
Here are 3 ways to become victorious and live your dream-life.
- Just as we are all born with the ability to verbally communicate and become bilingual, so are we born with the gift of gut-instincts/intuitions. There is quote that states, “The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt. ~Max Lerner, The Unfinished Country, 1950.
- Our gut instincts speak to us with symptoms like goose-bumps, hair raising on the back our neck or a “solar-plexus punch. “ Trust your hunches. They’re usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.” ~Joyce Brothers
- Intuition is the next step- the ability to speak back to our inner-selves/gut instincts, making us multi-lingual on a personal level. “Intuition is a spiritual faculty and does not explain, but simply points the way.” ~Florence Scovel Shinn
Some people are better at speaking languages than others but human beings are born with an innate ability to verbalize. If that ability goes un-nurtured or is suppressed, it becomes less than it could be, but it still exists as an unused ability waiting for an opportunity to grow. That opportunity can be a crisis.
During my journey through Traumaland, I embraced my intuition and carefully built an intuitive bridge that was under constant construction. Bridges carry us safely over dangerous areas such as turbulent waters or deep ravines. We can walk bridges or drive our vehicles over them. According to Dr. Sigmund Freud’s Universal Symbolism in the dream world, our vehicle is symbolic of our body surrounding our spirit. In our dream-life our vehicle moves us through dream sequences just as our body does during our waking life-sequences known as life situations.
Spiritual bridges are different from physical bridges in conventional every-day-life because they can:
· stretched between conventional and metaphysical healing of complete wellness.
· became “ bridges to everywhere” that manifest exits and new entrances on the road to complete healing of mind, body and spirit.
We are all capable of building emotional and spiritual bridges and do it daily. Often it is done so naturally that we do not focus on the job as much as on the completion of the task—a bridge over troubled waters. When was the last time you connected two people (possibly in your family or social circle) who were at odds with each other? You built a bridge for them. You can build one for yourself. Your Traumaland may give you the motivation, thereby turning a negative situation into positive opportunity for growth.
What is Traumaland? Traumaland is the intellectual, emotional, and intuitive amusement park of crisis where every ride, game, and attraction demonstrates a different aspect of humanity’s complexities and individualism during the process of healing. My four steps for surviving in Traumaland will also provide you with multiple explanations of the way things are in:
· the physical ( according to Wikipedia- world reality, known as C-1 consciousness in Lifeline language, is the level of human consciousness in which we live our day-to-day lives.)
· spiritual (According to the Newton Institute- The spirit world is characterized by the forces of creative energy, universal thought, and support for spiritual enlightenment designed for the apparent purpose of training and growth in all Souls’ evolution toward perfection.)
· psychic (According to Your Dictionary- Psychic Worlds have to do with the mind, or something beyond natural physical processes.)
· and dream world of trauma. (According to Dictionary.com- Dream world definition is a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.)
Crisis is humbling and comes in many forms. It can be a life threatening illness, a lifestyle change, divorce, death, financial downturns, or all of the above happening separately or all at once. It is guaranteed to knock you down with its series of catastrophes that begin with discovery, often with no end in sight. Intuition can play an important part in survival and is defined as instinctively knowing without conscious reasoning. Our dreams can help us meet our inner-selves who may possess the answers to questions we cannot even formulate while in our state of confusion and grief.
Join me again for part three of this four part article where we will discuss in depth the ways we can accept our truth and embrace our answers for a more fulfilling life.
This article is a compilation of context taken from the book SURVIVING TRAUMALAND: The Intuitive Aspects of Healing by Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos.
Learn more about Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos @ http://www.survivingcancerland.com/ where you can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. And join her @ http://www.yournextstepcoach.com/books/psychic.html & on her 3 radio shows @
Dream related articles: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/aboveandbeyondthe5senses/2012/07/dream-your-life-to-wellness-in-6-easy-steps/