links for 2006-04-17
- “We are so drawn to the rock solid theology of our Reformed brethren . . . .but we love the open practice of the gifts of the Spirit. But I like what Adrian Warnock has to say on the subject. I read his writings and I feel like I am finding my place.”
- “Should we not . . . be worried that if we reject the Bible’s teaching on election, we will never be humbled enough to make Christianity look like anything worth having?”
- An article in the New York Times on Easter Sunday. HT Justin Taylor
- “We cannot be committed to creating a false impression of our goodness with others and simultaneously admit we are sinners before God.” Do we choose to hide from fellow Christians what we are willing to admit to God? Or are we really hypocrites?
- “There is no problem the pastor will encounter in counseling that is not specifically theological in character. There is no major question in ministry that does not come with deep theological dimensions and the need for careful theological application.”