links for 2006-04-18
- Paul’s journey brings him to where Evangelical Outpost and me were beaten in the “King of the Blogs” contest, and he links to some interesting quotes that I put on the blog in the autumn of 2003.
- Interesting secular newspaper article about Bible translations.
- “There is no question that . . . sins were committed, some of them grotesque. But to simply hold up these examples and suggest that they are representative of the true Christian faith over the centuries is preposterous.”
- “I’m not sure I know of another church that better exemplifies what I would like to see in churches than Tenth Presbyterian in Philadelphia.” With these words, Mark Dever concludes his largely biographical interview with Phil Ryken. HT Justin Taylor.
- Hot discussion surrounding comments by N. T. Wright on whether one can be a Christian and deny the bodily resurrection of Christ.
- Stand to Reason weighs in: “a symbolic resurrection doesn’t accomplish anything; only a real one can conquer death and sin. A spiritual resurrection may be inspiring, but it doesn’t solve our problem.”
- Tim Challies lists Together for the Gospel’s “Band of Bloggers” discussion panel members.