links for 2006-04-19
- In the comments section of Dan Phillips post,”Resurrection Not Essential?” Phil said, “Am I a prophet or what?” Another commentator added, “Good ol’ Adrian Warnock finally got through to him, I’m afraid!”
- “God, create a clean heart in me, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” A soul-searching meditation for pastors and congregation alike. Clean hands and a pure heart–there is no substitute in the life of a Christian.
- Piper’s latest letter from Cambridge: “Repentance is an internal change of mind and heart rather than mere sorrow for sin or improvement in behavior . . . repenting now sees God as true and beautiful and worthy of all our praise and all our obedience.”
- “Knowing Christ” is not a mystical relationship or some secret knowledge or private message beyond what is revealed in Scripture.”True intimacy with Christ involves suffering, obedience, much prayer, a good knowledge of God’s word, and a life of faith.”
- Bob Kauflin posts a fictitious letter modeling “The Screwtape Letters” that addresses the recent conversation surrounding the “Draw Me Close to You” controversy. “Are we temped to live by musical experiences instead of the unchanging Word of God?”
- Timmy Brister is soliciting questions for the Band of Bloggers Panel. The theme is “Blogging and the Glory of Christ.” HT Challies.