- Sony Entertainment has provided a site for Christian scholars to respond to the film, which is scheduled to be released on the 19th of May.
- Dan Phillips at his best. “I’m about to stick my finger in the fan, about up to my elbow, and I know it. But I really think somebody needs to say this, so why not me?” Sister … are you dressing as “helpfully” as you could?
- Recap on Stetzer, Harris, and Keller talks. Josh Harris on “humble orthodoxy”: (1) Teach the truth faithfully; (2) Live the truth faithfully; (3) Represent the truth humbly.”
- The Gospel is: ” (1) I am more wicked than I ever dared believe. (2) I am more loved than I ever dared hope.”
- “Women have this remarkable creative instinct when it comes to creating work for their men. Of course, I suppose I should admit that we men have a remarkable creative instinct when it comes to avoiding work-we’re all Dagwood Bumstead’s at heart.”
- “I am unapologetic that we need to be culturally relevant. But without Biblical fidelity, cultural relevance has no purpose. My hope is that churches contend for the faith once delivered even while they contextualize and “become all things to all men.”
- “Perhaps it would be more prudent to observe the tendencies of ‘hatred’ the New Testament claims the world will have for its message of redemption than to degenerate into drivel about how the greatest enemy the Gospel has is the Church.” HT Justin Taylor.
- “We must deny that what is technologically possible is therefore morally acceptable. We must affirm our creaturely limits and trust our Creator who imposed those limits for our good. And we must learn to count the costs before those limitations are denied.
- “In the past those who did right and those who did not do wrong often acted as they did because they knew they were seen by others. Lord Admiral Nelson once remarked, “Every sailor is a bachelor when beyond Gibraltar.”
Links for May 12, 2006
May 12, 2006 by