- A provocative quote – check out the comments section!
- Dan Phillips, in writing about “when an apostle ‘gets hot,’ says this: “Count me in as heartily opposed to quarreling about adiaphora. But the Gospel is not in that category. Eternal life and death is not trivial.”
- Michael Lawrence, associate pastor with Mark Dever, answers “How do I know she’s the one for me?” The problem, he says is that as a single Christian man, not only are you going to marry a sinner, but you are a sinner as well.” HT Challies.
- Ryan DeBaar adds some insights to the discussion of legalism. “The question I ask today is, in our practice of Christianity, how assertive should we be about a specific application of a Biblical principle?” HT Bob Hayton.
- “Everyone please note . . . I agree with Adrian! My own experience . . . “I struggle with writing in Bibles. Initially this was because I was uncomfortable with the idea . . . “
- Article over at Reformation Theology asks, “What is Legalism?” and provides nine defining characteristics. One that stands out is this: “Obedience that does not spring from a renewed heart.”
- Mathew Sims expounds on Article 12 of the T4G statement.
- A good point which helps to demolish legalistic arguments that all Christians must practice total abstinence from alcohol!
Links for July 14, 2006
July 14, 2006 by