NWA1 30th March – 4th April 2009
Speakers include Don Carson, Terry Virgo, Vaughan Roberts
Please note that New Word Alive 1 does not have a children’s or youth programme for those aged 5-18.
NWA2 4th April – 9th April 2009
Speakers include Don Carson, Terry Virgo, Liam Golligher
Please note that New Word Alive 2 is for all ages, but does not have a separte student track
I will be there for some of both weeks and plan on hosting a bloggers meet up session for existing bloggers, those thinking of starting a blog and blog readers who want to meet up with the people they read every day. If you have a blog, why not mention this on your blog too and drop me a line if you are interested in coming.
BOOK NOW Don’t miss out on a life transforming week – Places available from £121 per person
My friends at the New Word Alive office tell me that they have had phone calls saying “I would have loved to come this year but you’re obviously sold out.”
Well they did book out quickly last year, but that led them to double capacity by holding two New Word Alive events this year. As a result, places are still available for week 1 or week 2 from as little as £121 per person. However certain types of accommodation are selling out so make your booking quickly. To make booking or discuss availability call Haven on 0871 230 1199.
They’ve got a great programme lined up of high quality Bible teaching that will help us grow in our relationship with God, and training tracks that will equip us to serve him. Some recent additions are:
* Culture matters track – enabling us grasp God’s view of our world from pop culture to other religions
* History matters track – helping us learn from key figures who have defended and lived the faith
* International student track with different language groups
* Specialist track for healthcare professionals run by CMF
* a unique track on teaching the gospel to children – giving both the theory and a demonstration to your children!
Opportunities to Serve
New Word Alive still needs some volunteers to help run our programme. We particularly need help with stewarding and looking after Under 5’s. Volunteers have food and accommodation provided for them and up to £100 of travel expenses. If you are interested in helping please e-mail email@example.com and tell us which area you’d like to help with. It’s great opportunity to serve and you’ll get lots out of it yourself.
NWA 1 – Vaughan Roberts teaching from 1 Corinthians
NWA 2 – Liam Golligher teaching Jonah
Rough Guides to the Bible – helping us grasp God’s great plan of rescue and glory
Doctrine Tracks on “Being right with God”, “Living in the Light of Heaven” and more…
Afternoon Training Tracks
Our afternoon sessions aim to train and empower Christians in particular areas of discipleship and service. Come and be equipped by God to serve his people! We have lots planned but they include:
* Student Survival Kit – handling student issues and pressures today
* Reaching the World for Christ
* Being Changed by God – overcoming our sin and becoming more like Christ
* Engaging with God – how to grow in a real relationship with our heavenly Father
* Islam – how to reach our Muslim communities
* Social Action/Reaching the poor and marginalized for Jesus
* Being a Christian in the Workplace
* Answering objections to Jesus
* Medical Ethics – what should we think and do about current debates
* Improving our Marriages
* Parenting as Christians
* Preaching Master-Class
* Skills for Home Group/Small Group Leaders
* Living by Grace – a special afternoon track led by Terry Virgo