The final post in a recent series I wrote for the Resurgence was titled Martyn Lloyd-Jones: 20 Lessons from His Life. Here I thought I would simply select my top five from that list, visit the original post for some explanation and the other lessons:
- Having a theological degree is not necessary for everyone who would be a minister.
- We should actively pursue a knowledge of God by his Spirit, as well as reliable theology.
- We should labor to build a community, not just a preaching center.
- Denominations are not the most effective way of governing the church.
- We must make the pursuit of Joy central.