We start the new year with a New Moon. You have the ability to set intentions and create as much magic as you want for the upcoming year.
A New Moon, or Dark Moon, since you actually won’t see any moon, occurs once a month, or sometimes twice (which is the case for January). The New Moon is the darkest phase of the Moon, but it also marks the beginning of the two-week time frame when the Moon moves away from the Sun and increases in light and this is the BEST time to begin new projects, new love, new careers or anything else new you want to do (or are afraid to do)! This New Moon is the first of the year, and it begins on the 1st of January at 6:14 a.m. EST.
Being that this New Moon is the first of the year, and on the first day of the year, and is in the sign of Capricorn, this is a super time for you to create goals, resolutions and intentions and spend time thinking and meditating on new beginnings rather than what hasn’t been working for you. So, don’t beat yourself up if you were going to organize your sock drawer and instead get caught up on episodes of “Downton Abbey” or “Breaking Bad” – there is still time to make a magical transformation!
A couple great exercises for you to do BEFORE the New Moon is:
- Create a VISION BOARD. Whether in a notebook, a poster board, or on Pinterest, it creates a wonderful and solid motivational tool. A great HOW TO is here (http://www.patheos.com/blogs/ahappymedium/2013/02/do-you-have-a-vision/).
- Write down all the wonderful things that happened in 2013 and read them out loud. Don’t focus on the bad stuff.
- Get a jar out and every time something wonderful happens, write it down and put it in the jar. Next New Year’s Eve, you will have a memory of the wonderful experiences that we so often forget because we focus our attention on the bad.
Here are some great magical exercises for you to do after the 6:14 a.m. EST New Moon on January 1st!
NEW MOON WISHES:
- Each month on the new moon write up a list of 10 wishes. It can be anything from romance to finances and anything in between.
- Don’t write more than 10 wishes AND handwrite (don’t type, it makes it more personable and creates a different energy).
- Try to make your wish list within the first eight hours of the new moon.
- If you miss the first eight hours, you can still make your wish list within the first 48 hours of the new moon.
NEW MOON ABUNDANCE:
Writing an Abundance Check is an exercise you can use to create more abundance in your life and the check is to be written within 24 hours of each New Moon.
- On your check where it says “Pay to,” write your name.
- On the same line where you would fill in a dollar amount write “Paid in full.”
- On the next line where you would write out a dollar amount, write “Paid in full.” [Some say it works better if you don’t add the squiggly line.]
- On the signature line, sign your check: “The Law of Abundance”
- If you don’t have checks, or don’t; want to waste one, you can simply create a handwritten one.
- It is not necessary to put a date on the check (although I do). DO NOT write a specific dollar amount on the check. Then put the check away in a safe place and forget about it. You might even want to burn it on the Full Moon (I will get to that on the next Full Moon).
- Allow the Universe to take over from there. Yep, that silly control thing. Let it go!Out with the old, in with the new – make it magical.