A New Moon, or Dark Moon, since you actually won’t see any moon, occurs once a month. The New Moon is the darkest phase of the Moon, but it also marks the beginning of the two-week time frame when the Moon moves away from the Sun and increases in light, which it a great time to begin new projects, new love, new careers or anything else new you want to do (or are afraid to do)!
Being that this New Moon is in the sign of confident and powerful Aries, this moon makes it a wonderful time to begin a new career, project or love interest. This moon is good for working on releasing past issues, allowing them to bubble over and letting go. Feel and then release. Think of it from an exercise standpoint. You must first warm up or you may get hurt during the most intense routine. If you don’t allow the cool down, the same can occur. And if you are just going through the warm up and not allowing the actual work out to happen, you don’t get results. Don’t allow yourself to get caught up in the cycle of what isn’t good for you and allowing the past to consume you.
What you may see during the next few days of this New Moon:
- A feeling of anger.
- A new-found confidence.
- More intense weather patterns.
- A feeling that you need to get moving in your life.
- Some anxiety and impatience over where you are and where you want to be.
- More spirit/ghost sightings.
- People acting more assertive (traffic, lines, at work, etc).
- Pets acting out of sorts.
Here are some good “exercises” for you to do after the 2:46 p.m. EST New Moon!
NEW MOON WISHES:
- Each month on the new moon write up a list of 10 wishes. It can be anything from romance to finances and anything in between.
- Don’t write more than 10 wishes AND handwrite (don’t type, it makes it more personable.
- Try to make your wish list within the first eight hours of the new moon.
- If you miss the first eight hours, you can still make your wish list within the first 48 hours of the new moon.
NEW MOON ABUNDANCE:
Writing an Abundance Check is an exercise you can use to create more abundance in your life and the check is to be written within 24 hours of each New Moon.
- On your check where it says “Pay to,” write your name.
- On the same line where you would fill in a dollar amount write “Paid in full.”
- On the next line where you would write out a dollar amount, write “Paid in full.” [Some say it works better if you don't add the squiggly line.]
- On the signature line, sign your check: “The Law of Abundance”
- If you don’t have checks, or don’t; want to waste one, you can simply create a handwritten one.
- It is not necessary to put a date on the check (although I do). DO NOT write a specific dollar amount on the check. Then put the check away in a safe place and forget about it. You might even want to burn it on the Full Moon (I will get to that on the next Full Moon).
- Allow the Universe to take over from there. Yep, that silly control thing. Let it go!
Embracing the Aries Moon note that Aries has no problems burning bridges if it means forward movement and personal growth. This is the BEST time to let the past go and look forward.