For those looking to get up to speed on Israel's inhumane attacks on Gaza, Islamicate has an excellent roundup (one which kindly refers to moi).
Thought I'd add a few additional useful links:
- Stephen M. Walt: Israel's military power hasn't improved its strategic position and
friends of the Jewish state must point out its mistakes–beginning with
The co-author of "The Israel Lobby" questions the wide spread assumption of near-Solomonic wisdom, competence and foresight on the part of Israeli leaders at all times. He shows how, far from an aberration, this conflict is just the latest bloody blunder by brash, short-term-thinking in Tel Aviv. (This is not a mere academic point given how so many in American politics automatically follow Israel's lead in whatever policies it pursues, assuming it to always "know what it's doing".)
- Uri Avnery: How Many Divisions? – Gush Shalom – Israeli Peace Bloc
The famous Israel peace activist utterly demolishes the Israeli government's justifications and spin. This conflict was instigated by Israel and could have been avoided completely had Tel Aviv condescended to deal with Gaza's democratically elected government. He highlights how the IDF has been caught lying about its endlessly invoked "Hamas was firing at us" justification. A stirring j'accuse that people need to read.
- Scale of Gaza destruction emerges
- Neve Gordon: How Israel is selling the idea of 'ethical warfare'
A journalist analyses how Israel's PR machine has turned reality on its head and spun its unbridled disregard for Palestinian life in this attack and packaged it as humane surgical strikes.
- Randall Kuhn: When Israel expelled Palestinians
A Jewish American activist translates this conflict and its injustice into terms an American terms, showing how asinine and immoral the "America would do the same" arguments are that we've heard ad nauseam in the American media.
- Leading British Jews call on Israel to halt 'horror' of Gaza
- Ralph Nader's Letter to Bush on Gaza Crisis
- Khalid Mish'al – This brutality will never break our will to be free
It will come as news to many who rely exclusively on the MSM for their news, but there are two (if not many more) sides to this debate. Here, Hamas leader Khalid Mishal makes some very serious points that are not easily dismissed and which deserve a response. Whatever one thinks of Hamas' methods, Mishal's quip that the international community acts as if it wants Palestinians to just die quietly at Israel's hands is painfully true.
- John Pilger: Holocaust Denied: The lying silence of those who know
Pilger calls this attack and the longstanding pattern of behavior by Israel towards Gaza what they are: genocidal.
- BBC FAQ on Gaza. What a contrast to the pro-Israeli slant of most American MSM backgrounders.