The US bishops are offering a #Bordermass today for the 6,000 migrants who have died in the U.S. desert since 1998.
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) Committee on Migration, joined by bishops on the border, will travel to Nogales, Arizona, March 30-April 1, 2014, to tour the U.S.-Mexico border and celebrate Mass on behalf of the close to 6,000 migrants who have died in the U.S. desert since 1998.
You can watch it live in just a few moments here:
The following bishops are a part of this mission (Twitter links included where available):
- His Eminence Sean Cardinal O’Malley, Archbishop of Boston
- Most Reverend Eusebio Elizondo, Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle and Chairman, USCCB Committee on Migration
- Most Reverend Gerald F. Kicanas, Bishop of Tucson
- Most Reverend John C. Wester, Bishop of Salt Lake City
- Most Reverend Mark Seitz, Bishop of El Paso
- Most Reverend Oscar Cantu, Bishop of Las Cruces, NM
- Most Reverend Ricardo Ramirez, Bishop Emeritus of Las Cruces, NM
- Most Reverend Luis Zarama, Auxiliary Bishop of Atlanta