UPDATE 06.26.11: Here are some pics I took at SF Pride 2011 [Facebook Album].
Like many people, I have always wanted to dive a little deeper into photography. A very long time ago, I had a film Canon EOS and really loved the process of taking pics. Over time I went through various stages of digital picture taking eventually ending up, like so many, solely using my phone camera to capture life around me.
It really is amazing how far technology has come in such a short time.
After doing a year of daily pics in 2010 and then failing at the same project for 2011, I am diving back in. My search began with some helpful conversations with photographer friends and plenty of input from the Facebook crew. After comparing prices, features and how current I wanted my technology, I was still equally open to Canon or Nikon. In the end, I found some GREAT Craiglist deals on a Canon XSi and a 18-135mm lens, so it is TEAM CANON for me!
I am more or a “learn as you go” kinda boy. I’ll read the manual to get some basic foundational info, but for the most part, it’s trial and error baby, trial and error. I also know that some of you are WAY into all of this, so I would be a fool not to at least try to sponge off some of your knowledge and passion. So if you are so inclined, help a newbie out! Here are some basic questions for you to offer your thoughts:
- How do you organize and store your pictures?
- What inexpensive and user-friendly software do you use to edit photos?
- How do you share your photos on your blog, facebook, twitter, etc,: smugmug, picasa, flicker, etc.?
- If you happen to have a Cannon XSi, any pointers, tips and or must-have accessories?
- What am I not asking or thinking about that I should be?
- And finally, now that I am part of Team Canon, am I allowed to talk with The People of the Nikon Way?
I’ll probably be starting some kind of photo blogging project to help me stay disciplined, but for now, I’m going to just try and figure out what all the lights and letters mean 😉