A few weeks ago, my wife may have given the biggest eye-roll of this blogger’s life.
I had just told her that General Motors had invited me to be part of a group of bloggers and social media hacks to be part of what they are calling the “Influencers Program.” Basically, we are a gathered group of folks who, may or may not have any expertise, who are being asked to talk with car folks, see some cars and talk about what we see and hear. Never passing up a chance to get a glimpse of strange new worlds, November 27-29, I will head to the 2014 LA Auto Show to be an “Influencer.”
One can see why my wife’s eyes rolled
Over our three days at the show we will have the chance to see behind the scenes of the show, get up close and personal with the cars and hear from GM executives as well as designers, engineers and marketers for Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac.
- Chevrolet. The 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV Production version will make its global debut at this show, with an industry-leading tech announcement on MyLink. Additionally, making its first auto show debut from SEMA will be the Chevrolet Hot Wheels Camaro production version. The Chevrolet Code 130R and TRU140S concept cars will make their way to LA for the first time. Also on display will be the 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Malibu, Spark and Traverse production models.
- Buick will showcase the updated 2014 Enclave and the all-new Encore. GMC will feature the updated 2014 GMC Acadia and the new GMC Terrain Denali.
- Cadillac will showcase the production version of the 2013 ATS featuring CUE, Cadillac’s in-vehicle experience that merges intuitive design and auto industry-first connected technology.
I am not sure how much I will blog while I am there, but I will definitely be instagramming and tweeting. If you are interested in all that is going on at the show, here are the links and hashtags to track.
- Some Hashtag: #LAASGM, #SparkEV, #LAAutoShow, #GMCTradeSecrets
- Some twitter accounts to follow:@Cadillac, @Chevrolet, @Buick, @ThisisGMC
- A few other influencers: @mommymentor AKA Amy Barseghian and @BeccasCrazyBoys AKA Becca Ludlum.
I am most excited to meet some other folks who are engaged in this kind of work, hear about such things as the 2014 Chevy Spark EV which will make it’s debut and learn about an industry that, quite honestly I have very little knowledge about. I will also see how/if there are any natural intersections between what I experience and questions of culture and faith. And yes, there is a chance that I will get to drive something cool.
Please stop rolling your eyes
So . . . if you want to be there with me, want me to try and get a picture of something or have a question for someone, feel free to get at me via twitter and I’ll do the best I can.
*Other than travel, room and board, I am not receiving any compensation for this trip. There is also no expectation of positive reviews or endorsements.