Well, my recent post defending Hillary Clinton raised some eyebrows, but I definitely believe that we should try to be less obsessed – and critical – of the way we look. That’s easier said than done, of course, with so many commercials trying to get us to buy the very latest beauty product and so many magazines airbrushing out the very imperfections that make us human.
God’s Word teaches us how to have an accurate view of self. Think about 2 Corinthians 4:7, “But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.” This passage identifies us as “jars of clay” with a treasure of great value inside of us. As inconspicuous clay pots we “show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.”
Easier said than done? Yes. But read the whole thing and give yourself a little extra room to be normal today.
You might also enjoy:
- Hail to the Chiefs: Malia and Sasha Obama
- Hate in the Name of Love, Bullying in the Name of Tolerance
- What’s Better than Being a Palin?
- I’m No Victim
- On this one, I’m Team Hillary
- Mr. President, When Should I Expect Your Call?
- A Mom’s Love for Her Child, One Paper at a Time
- Defending the “Palin Pick”
Connect with me further by: