I just am writing to update information on the philosophy classes I am offering this fall. I have had exciting enrollments in a couple of the classes and want to extend the window for offering them. By request, I am also canceling one section no one enrolled for and replacing it with another to meet a prospective student’s request. Each course is $16/hour for a 40 hour commitment. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about more details or to register outright.
1. The newly announced class is Ethics and it will run Tuesday and Thursday mornings (Eastern Time) from 9am-11am Eastern Time, from October 8 to December 19.
2. The other Ethics class began on this past Tuesday night (9/16) and went wonderfully. We already had 4 students and at least two (and possibly three) more students who will be adding to the class next week. This weekend, I am offering to do make up sessions to catch those students up with what we did last Tuesday. If you too still want to join that Tuesday night 8pm-11pm Eastern Time class, there is still time to do so! For no extra cost I will even make up what you missed either this weekend or next, to help you out.
3. The Thursday night 8pm-11pm Eastern Time Nietzsche has been postponed to start one week late to accommodate one of the students’ need to delay the first session. So, that gives you one more week to sign up and join us for the start on September 26 having missed nothing! That course will run 13 weeks, likely ending January 3, 2014 (assuming we skip Thanksgiving Thursday and the day after Christmas).
4. I am also pushing back the start of the Philosophy For Atheists that meets on Friday nights 9-midnight Eastern Time . It will run now from September 27-December 20. So again, this means you can start next Friday having missed nothing.
5. My Enlightenment To Contemporary Philosophy course covering the fascinating and wide varied developments in Philosophy from the 1600s and ending in the present day has essentially been postponed to start in October. This course will run for 2 hours a week on Tuesdays from 11am-1pm for the time being. It may also move to Sundays noon-2pm, so please sign up if you’re flexible.
6. Finally, in October I am looking to start once weekly 3 hour long weekend classes that will run into January. I am very flexible on when to hold them on Sundays (preferably) or Saturdays. But I need your input! Write me at email@example.com to let me know what you want to take and when you want to take it and I’ll announce something (or a couple things) in a week or two! The full descriptions of the available courses are at the bottom of this post. [Read more...]