The ever-vigilant Mike Morrell sent me this link — to Earth Abbey, a British-based community that describes itself as…
… a movement of people helping one another to live more in tune with the earth. We work to promote:
- A rich relational life between human beings
- A compassion toward the earth and its creatures
- A sense of interconnectedness of all life
- Wisdom and justice in relationships
- Human fulfilment and the nurture of the inner life
- A way of living that leaves the earth better than we found it
Our inspiration derives from Jesus of Nazareth whose life and mission was to bring about a peace which embraces all creation. We pursue a life-affirming, creative spirtuality that is open to all. EarthAbbey is more than a website. It is a movement of people and you are invited to join.
Check out their website: it’s gorgeous. Their vision for Christian community is certainly inspiring. If you join the site you become a “novice” and are encouraged to take on practical tasks to deepen your relationship with with earth: grow a plant you’ve never grown before, take a concrete step to make your home more energy efficient, and so forth. In other words, Earth Abbey encourages its members to walk the talk.