There are changes afoot here at the Website of Unknowing, and I thought my dear readers would like to know a bit about what I have planned.
First of all, I’m working toward giving the site a new look. Not much to say on this front, except that I’ll be working with one of the leading designers of websites for authors, and am very excited at the prospect of giving the site a facelift — which, hopefully, will make it more consistent with the overall message I hope to convey.
Secondly, I’m looking at giving the “pages” section of the website a makeover. Currently there are sections devoted to Christian mysticism, to Celtic spirituality, to spiritual formation, my archives, and various other topics. It feels rather cluttered and hodgepodgy to me — so I want to take advantage of creating a new look for the site to simultaneously create a new structure for it as well. I’m not sure yet exactly how I’ll format it, but I’m thinking along these lines:
- The Blog will continue to be the site’s “Home” page.
- The obligatory About Me page will include my bio, photos, calendar, and miscellaneous archives.
- A Books section will give detailed information about my writings as well as other books I recommend.
- The Praxis section will introduce readers to key elements of contemplative spirituality, Celtic wisdom, and Christian mysticism.
- The Exemplars section will be set up to celebrate the lives and writings of saints, mystics, and contemporary authors whose work I find inspirational and/or instructive.
Finally — and I hope this doesn’t upset anyone (and it might make some people happy) — I expect to be posting less frequently to my blog in the future. Over the last few months I have tried to post something every day. I’ve enjoyed this, and have been amazed at the wonderful response from readers who have come to be regular respondents to my writing and the quotations that I post for your consideration. I really have enjoyed managing this blog. Unfortunately, though (or, again, fortunately depending on your point of view), both professional and personal demands on my time over the next few months (which include two writing projects, a number of speaking engagements, and of course the ongoing need to maintain my prayer life before all other writing commitments) have made it necessary for me to let go of updating the blog daily. I’m not sure what kind of rhythm I will settle in to: maybe several times a week, maybe only once a week. I’m committed to updating the blog at least once a week, but less than daily. We’ll see how that plays out.
So there you go. That’s what I have in mind for the future of the blog. To you who visit and read this site, I am truly grateful. Thank you for joining in the conversation.