This post is especially for my friends in the metro Atlanta area…
I’m pleased to announce that Emory Continuing Education is bringing back a class I haven’t taught in several years: Discovering the Celtic Experience. Here’s the blurb for the class from the Emory website:
Evening at Emory: Discovering the Celtic Experience
Come explore the rich traditions of Celtic history, art, music, spirituality and wisdom. Through storytelling, audio-visual presentations and lively discussions, discover the seven nations of the Celtic world and their history from the Iron Age to today. Learn what it means to be an American Celt and gain new insight into the mind and soul of this proud heritage built upon traditional values of humor, hospitality and community-building.
- Discover the history of the Celts, from their Indo-European origins to their world-wide presence today
- Celebrate the distinctive beauty of Celtic culture, including music, art, literature, dance and poetry
- Appreciate the distinctive folklore of the Celtic people, as preserved in stories, tall tales and supernatural legends
- Learn about the rich varieties of Celtic spirituality, from the mysterious gods and goddesses of ancient mythology to the mystical vision of the saints of Celtic Christianity
- Consider how the values of Celtic wisdom: hospitality, love for the land, respect for tradition, and a hearty sense of humor, can enrich our lives today.
5 session(s): Thu: Jul 26-Aug 23 / 7:00-9:00 pm
Registration fee: $150 CEUs: 1
As of today (May 22), early-bird registration is still available, meaning you can sign up for only $142.50. Not sure how long that will last, however, so I would recommend signing up as soon as possible.
I hope to see you there!