It’s the end of the day and I have no more energy to continue working on the 987th rewrite of Select Society, my Emily Dickinson screenplay. It being a work in progress has become the one constant in my life along with Jesus since 1995. Lately, I am working at it with a new vigor so that we can send it to Katee Sackhoff to play Emily Dickinson’s best friend, Susan. Katee said she wants to do something that requires a corset, so, hey, say no more.
Anyway, so in the spirit of full-bore unapologetic writer’s procrastination, here’s a fun meme for movie people that I found out there on Lapped Catholic and which I am meming myself with.
The meme requires going to the AFI list of 100 greatest movies which is here, and then answering the following questions.
1) Your favorite 5 movies that are on the list:
– Rear Window
– Star Wars
– Gone With the Wind
2) 5 Movies on the list that you didn’t like at all:
– Dr. Strangelove
– African Queen
– The Jazz Singer
– Apocalypse Now
– Pulp Fiction
3) 5 Movies on the List You haven’t seen but want to:
– Street Car named Desire
– Treasure of the Sierra Madre
(That’s it. I’ve pretty much seen most of the list that I’d want to.)
4) 5 Movies on the List that you haven’t seen and have no interest in seeing:
– Easy Rider
– The Deer Hunter
– A Clockwork Orange
– Raging Bull
5) Your Favorite 5 Movies That Aren’t On the List:
– The Great Race
– The Great Escape
– The Sting
– When Harry Met Sally
I hereby meme any writer who is needing something else to do while procrastinating.