Good morning! As you can see, today is a big blow out of prizes! I’ve had quite a few people recently ask me to donate things, so I decided to put them all up on a big, fat contest day! There is quite a wide variety of things, so I think there should be something for almost every taste.
If you didn’t make it in time for the Pay It Forward sign up last night, here are the blogs that signed up with me (you might still make it in time for their sign up!) :
- Spookiez Spot
- Wanderings & Musings
- Havoc and Mayhem
- The Stitchinwitch’s Rat Cage
- Amused Grace
- Flowers & Barbed Wire
I know there are still empty spots, and a couple haven’t posted yet, so keep your eyes open if you want to play! Even if you don’t, these are great blogs to check out!
And guess what? It’s Friday! Woooooooooooo!
Have a great weekend, people!
OOOOh, and I just found out I got tagged for a Six Random things meme from Turtleheart!
The rules are:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, so here goes:
1. I read like a fiend. Seriously. I can go through 4-6 books in a week, depending on what kind of family stuff I have going on. I finished HP and the Deathly Hallows in 2 days (while still managing to feed and wrangle 3 kids, 3 cats, a dog and a rabbit, lol).
2. I used to be a goth/new waver/ punk in the 80′s. This was way before it was popular, and people really cringed to see me and my friends out. After I had my first son, I tried to be “socially acceptable” and dress and act “appropriately”. It wasn’t until my mid 30′s that I realized that I remembered how much I really don’t give a crap what other people think, lol. Now I wear my skull shirts and my black nail polish and feel so much more “myself” than I have in years!
3. I went through a bout of agoraphobia when we first moved from TX to NJ. I was always a nervous driver (I was a late learner) and I literally have no sense of direction at all. I was so afraid of driving around these crazy NJ/NY drivers and so afraid of getting lost (which happens more than you’d think!), I just wouldn’t go out to anywhere except the kid’s schools and the grocery store. I’d have panic attacks at the mere thought. I ended up a super depressed hermit. A year of drugs and therapy finally set me straight, thank goodness!
4. I used to, in my childhood, keep notebooks of various things. One was a notebook full of the important dates in John Lennon’s life, in chronological order, starting with the day his parents met, and ending with his death. Every single stinking fact. Another was the names and info about the Greek/Roman Gods and Goddesses (lol, I started early on my pagan path!). I had a ton of these. And, uh, I still have notebooks lying all around!
5. I started and ran a fan site for INXS after they had that reality show “Rockstar: INXS”. In one year, I went to 5 of their concerts, and met a ton of the people from the site! I even flew to Canada for an overnight meet up with about 20 of the girls from the site. We had a blast! My screen name was Davesboa, after Dave Navarro wearing a feather boa. To find each other, we wore feather boas to the concerts! It was one of the most fun years of my life, being a rock groupie, lol! That was about 3 years ago…
6. At one of those concerts, I got a kiss (a real kiss, lol!) from the hot, young new lead singer of INXS during the concert. And yes, Mr. B. was there, and he thought it was fabulous! All the other
middle-aged housewives groupies thought he was the coolest hubby ever, because their husbands would have freaked out. Mr. B. knew it was all for fun. Not like I was going to run off with the rock star, lol! And if Jennifer Garner should ever show up, and want to lay a smooch on Mr. B., he’s allowed.
And now I have to pick 6 people to tag! I’m going to pick 6 newer bloggy friends that I don’t know much about yet:
Can’t wait to read what they share!
ANOTHER UPDATE: How cool is today? I was asked to review a pagan themed book (I’ll give all the details after I’ve received and read it). How freakishly cool is that? The blurb for the book is really intriguing, and I can’t wait to read it!
I also found out that my blog is mentioned on the wonderful new podcast The Magical Earth! It’s a podcast of four pagans, 2 of which write blogs I read already. Check it out, it’s one of the best podcasts I’ve listened to in a long time. The multiple person, conversational style is very easy to listen to, and there is some great information on it.
MORE UPDATYNESS: I just got a blog award! This really just is my day, lol!
- Neopagan Ink
- Turtleheart Cove
- The Amazing Technicolor Cheese Wedge
- Chasing Domestic Bliss
- Bear Naked
- Creative Art Journal
- Blank Journals and spiral notebooks! I write down a lot of stuff :O)
- Pens and markers. Funky colors or black ink. I love ‘em!
- Toe socks. The louder and gaudier, the better.
- Books! Any and all!
- Cinnamon incense. I never, ever have enough. I’m always running out!
- Things with skulls on them. Especially pens, journals or toe socks, lol!