Love is the most important part of life. We all tend to agree on that, but we can rarely seem to agree on what “love” actually means. I recently wrote a book called The Seven Laws of Love: Essential Principles for Building Stronger Relationships where I started by looking at everything the Bible (the ultimately love and relationship manual) has to say on the subject.
Here are some of the most famous words ever written about love. Within in them, God is giving us a timeless roadmap for building stronger relationships. Below are seven very simple and practical ways to put these words into action in our daily lives and our relationships.
“Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Here’s how we put love into practice (it’s simpler than you might think):
1. Love is patient, so in our rushed world, be patient with people.
2. Love is kind, so in our sarcastic and often rude world, show genuine kindness to people.
4. Love keeps no record of wrongs, so in our world full of grudges and bitterness, choose to offer grace.
5. Love rejoices in the truth, so in our world of dishonesty, always tell the truth and fight for trust in relationships.
6. Love never loses faith, so in our world of skeptics and cynics, choose to believe in the presence of God and the power of love.
7. Love endures through every circumstance, so in our world of quitters, stay committed and never give up on yourself or your loved ones!
For more tools to help you build a life of love, check out The Seven Laws of Love (by clicking here).
IF THIS POST ENCOURAGED YOU, PLEASE SHARE IT USING THE LINKS BELOW SO WE CAN ENCOURAGE OTHERS TOO.