If you have a Facebook account, you have an opportunity this month to help out two worthy secular organizations in a big, big way. The Secular Student Alliance and Camp Quest have both been nominated for the Chase Community Giving program, in which Chase gives out $5 million to the charities that win the most votes. The prize money is distributed like this:
- $250,000 to the charity receiving the most votes
- $100,000 to the next ten runners-up
- $50,000 to the next thirty-five runners-up
- $20,000 to the next fifty runners-up
- $10,000 to the next one hundred runners-up
Everyone who’s on Facebook gets two votes, which can’t both be cast for the same organization – which means this is a perfect opportunity to support both the SSA and Camp Quest and the fantastic work that they both do. Here’s the Facebook page to vote for the SSA, and here’s the page to vote for Camp Quest.
UPDATE: I’ve found out that yet another excellent secular organization, the Foundation Beyond Belief, is also in the running! Vote for the FBB here.