The Most Rev. Gregory L. Parkes ordained nine men from across Northwest Florida as permanent deacons on June 1 during a sacred Mass at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in Pensacola.
Permanent deacons function in support of the bishop, and serve at parishes to assist at worship and to serve those in need.
The men, and the parishes at which they will serve, are:
- Michael J. Theobald, 56, St. Dominic Parish, Panama City
- Michael R. Brown, 56, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- William J. Whibbs, 64, St. Paul Parish, Pensacola
- Andrew R. Grosmaire, 53, Good Shepherd Parish, Tallahassee
- Michael L. Symons, 54, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- Wayne G. Walker, 67, St. Mary Parish, Fort Walton Beach
- Raymond R. Aguado, 53, St. Ann Parish, Gulf Breeze
- Joseph W. Jacobs, 68, St. Louis Parish, Tallahassee
- Steven W. Snigg, 66, St. Dominic Parish, Panama City
Congratulations and welcome, brothers! Ad multos annos!