Here are some fascinating numbers from the most recent Harper’s Index:
* Seventy-one percent of current U.S. debt was accumulated during Republican presidential terms.
* Two-thirds of debt-ceiling elevations since 1960 have been signed into law by Republican presidents.
* In 1961 the percentage of corporate profits paid in taxes was nearly forty-one; now it is less than eleven.
* Seventy-five percent of the increase in corportate profit margins since 2001 has come from depressed wages.
* The value of government subsidies that will go to oil and gas industries between now and 2015 is estimated at $78,155,000,000.