You have to respect the efforts of the folks at Right Wing Watch to narrow the incredibly stupid things said by David Barton down to a list of ten. The man is like a human volcano, spewing lies and bullshit into the air at a staggering pace. Here’s their list:
- Demonic powers control the government.
- The Founding Fathers opposed the teaching of evolution.
- Jesus opposed the minimum wage.
- The Bible opposes Net Neutrality.
- The US would have won the Vietnam war if it had flown just one more bombing run.
- Prayer stopped the BP oil spill.
- Intolerance of gays is a sign a nation is undergoing a spiritual revival.
- We can’t find a cure for AIDS because it is God’s punishment for sin.
- Life begins not at conception, but before conception.
- People are probably on welfare because they are not reading the Bible enough.
And that just barely scratches the surface.