The Worldnutdaily specializes in two things: fake “adverticles” that are really just ads for books they’re selling wrapped around a flimsy “news” item, and articles that are little more than long, detailed examples of the argumentum ad labelum. This piece is a perfect example, a long article that does nothing more than apply the label of “liberal” to a voting rights group — along with a scary headline, of course.
WILL THIS DEVIOUS GROUP STEAL YOUR VOTE?
Find out who’s behind massive assault in key states before election
ZOMG! Someone is going to steal our votes! Who is it? The Advancement Project, a group that does really good work in defending voting rights around the country. But there’s nothing at all in the article that even suggests how they might steal anyone’s vote. Instead, the article is just a long series of attempts to paint the group as liberal, as if this alone proves the spooky conclusion in their headline. Here are their arguments:1. The Advancement Project has filed lawsuits — successful ones, by the way — against voter ID laws.
2. They’ve fought to have voting rights reinstated for those convicted of a crime after they’ve served the penalty for those crimes.
3. One of their leaders criticized the Arizona immigration law that was largely struck down by the Supreme Court.
4. They filed a brief in a lawsuit brought by ACORN to help those displaced by Hurricane Katrina to still be able to vote.
5. Some of the group’s leaders have contributed to the Obama campaign.
6. They’ve been funded by George Soros (cue the Darth Vader theme music).
That’s it. Nothing at all to substantiate the accusation that they are “devious” or that they have done anything at all to steal anyone’s votes. In fact, the article lists lawsuits filed by the group to ensure the right to vote in many states. This isn’t news, it’s propaganda.