Deranged lunatic and former general Jerry Boykin appeared at an event put on by David Barton’s Wallbuilders organization and spun a web of crazy involving Sharia law, the Muslim Brotherhood and the communist manifesto that is simply breathtaking. Behold:
We’ve got a huge problem in America that Sharia is now being inculcated into our legal system. The influence of the Muslim Brotherhood today in America is absolutely incredible – I’m going to come back to this issue.
My friends, the attack on religious liberty in America today is at an all-time, unprecedented level and, by the way, because Barack Obama was re-elected, it’s going to get worse. It’s going to get worse, folks; you have to stop it.
I will tell you that America is becoming a Marxist nation – I don’t care what you say, I’m tired of being called a bigot because I don’t like the Marxist policies of Barack Obama. I didn’t like Jimmy Carter either, nor Bill Clinton for that matter.
We’re becoming a Marxist nation. You can call it whatever you want to, but we’re becoming a Marxist nation. And everything we’re doing is right out of the Marxist playbook. Everything! It’s right out of the Marxist playbook. Go back and read the “Communist Manifesto” if you don’t believe me and then look at what we’ve done in America.
Okay, I’ll take that challenge. Here is the list of 10 changes that Marx demanded in the manifesto. Let’s see if Obama is implementing them:
Nope. Nothing even remotely like that.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
The federal income tax is mildly progressive, unless you include payroll taxes, which are strongly regressive (and all excise taxes, also regressive). But it’s been this way for nearly a century. And in fact, the federal income tax is far less progressive now than it was even 12 years ago.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
Nope. No one has even suggested such a thing.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form.
This was done long ago. Does Boykin want to change that, since it’s part of the communist manifesto?