Alex Jones isn’t the only one coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about the Boston Marathon bombings. The Worldnutdaily and other right wingers have a new one: Obama is deporting that Saudi student for “national security reasons” as part of a coverup. Tea Party Nation leader Judson Phillips, who is nuttier than a jar of Jif, repeats this nonsense:
Immediately after the blast, reports surfaced that a Saudi national was in the hospital. Various reports said he was detained, not free to leave or in custody. Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi is the Saudi national. His apartment was searched. The first reports said it was done with a search warrant. Now reports are coming out that the search was a consent search. Reports then came out saying Alharbi was only a witness and not a suspect or person of interest.
Steve Emerson of the Investigative Project on Terrorism is now reporting that next Tuesday, Alharbi will be deported for “national security reasons.”
On Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry met with the Saudi Foreign Minister, Saud Al Faisal in a meeting that had been scheduled for some time but was abruptly closed to the media for “scheduling reasons.”
Yesterday, the same Saudi Foreign Minister met with Obama, even though the meeting was not on Obama’s public schedule. The White House said, “The president and Prince Saud al-Faisal reaffirmed the strong partnership between the United States and Saudi Arabia and discussed developments in the region, including the conflict in Syria.” According to other sources, Alharbi is a devout Muslim and is a member of a Saudi Clan that has a lot of Al-Qaeda members
Alharbi has suddenly gone from a person of interest, to a witness to no one at all. Then why is he being deported for national security reasons the day after Obama meets with the Saudi Foreign Minister in an unscheduled meeting and two days after the Minister has a meeting with John Kerry where the doors are abruptly closed?
Once Alharbi is deported, we will never see him again.
Why is the Regime in such a hurry to get him out of the country?
The rumor that a 20-year-old Saudi Arabian national on a student visa who was questioned after the Boston bombing has been deported is false, a senior law enforcement official said on Thursday.
“The rumor is one hundred percent false,” the official said. “One hundred percent false. Just like [the report of] the suspect in custody yesterday.”
The official said that the confusion stemmed from another, entirely different Saudi man who is actually in Immigrations and Customs Enforcement custody.
“We do have a Saudi in ICE custody,” the official said. “He is not related in any way to the investigation into the bombing. He’s not in any way related to this investigation.”
For crying out loud, the FBI said almost immediately that this guy is not a suspect. His only crime is being a Muslim victim of the bombing. Do these idiots really think that the FBI is going out of their way to make sure they don’t catch the person who committed this atrocity? I mean, seriously, how fucked in the head do you have to be to believe that?