Mikey Gets Email

Here’s another wonderful bit of idiot mail to Mikey Weinstein from a soldier informing him that his base chaplain is telling them to pray for Mikey and his family because they’re horrible and evil and deserve to burn in hell.

> From: tharmraz24@greynbol.com

> Subject: Praying to Keep You from Hell

> Date: January 12, 2014 10:15:29 AM MST

> To: Information Weinstein

>

> Mr. Wienstein,

> Our Army Chaplain at our base bible study this morning asked us all to pray for your immortal soul. And the souls of your suffering wife and children. He said she has the MS. He has most of your alls’ family pictures from the internet and FaceBook. We passed them around. And we prayed hard on them. And for the souls of all of the Lost to our Savior Jesus Christ at the military Religious freedom foundation.

>

> The Chaplain taught that the evil you and your followers do in our ArmyMr. Wienstein is because you all have chosen to serve satan. Satan is your Lord. You all hate Christ because he blesses the Army in this fallen world. Therefore you will all burn in hell eternal unless our prayers for your salvation are answered. If we can unharden your and the MFRR’s hearts we can remove satan’s influnece in our Army.

>

> And you so deserve to burn if you reject Christ’s love. All of you. It is only through the Grace of Christ that you your famliy and all you all at the MFRR will be spard the flames of hell. You think the constitution is your idol. America was founded as a nation of Christians for Christians. We won the Revolutionary war with Christians dying and fighting in our victorious army and navy. Not the jews or the muslams buddists or athiests or homosexuals. We know your a jew but you can’t deny the facts of history. You claim to be a lawyer but don’t even know your American history?

>

> Surrender now on your knees. To Jesus Christ and beg forgivemess Mr. Wienstein. It is The 1 and Only Answer to the holes in your alls’ hearts at the MFRR. John Chap. 14 verce 6. Refuse this free gift of His grace and hell is for you all. You will all burn. Forever and a day. Revelations Chap. 21 verce 8. Your only hope is we pray hard enough. We promise you we will do our part here.

>

> 12 Christian Army couples who enough care to try to save you all in spite of yourselves

Oh yes, this just exudes how much you care about Mikey. And I love this idea that they can save them even if they don’t want too be saved if they “pray hard enough.” How does one pray hard enough? Pray really loudly? Is God hard of hearing and needs you to yell or he won’t answer the prayer?

"And still the justifications roll in...First, although Franken is acting like a 7th grader in ..."

How to Think Critically About the ..."
"If you’re wondering why Trump has remained silent on the allegations against Roy Moore but ..."

Trump Admitted to Peeping at Teen ..."
"If told, Trump supporters would probably take one of three positions on this:1) fake news!11!1!!1or,2) ..."

Trump Admitted to Peeping at Teen ..."
"Slow enough to give him time to come up with a witty remark."

How to Think Critically About the ..."

Browse Our Archives

Follow Us!


What Are Your Thoughts?leave a comment
  • Alverant

    “America was founded as a nation of Christians for Christians.”

    Jefferson would be very surprised to hear that.

  • dugglebogey

    We won the Revolutionary War because of aid from the French. Don’t they count as homosexuals?

  • otrame

    We won the Revolutionary war with Christians dying and fighting in our victorious army and navy. Not the jews or the muslams buddists or athiests or homosexuals.

    I’ll grant him that “muslams (sic)” and “buddists (sic)” were probably not in that army, but no Jews? Of course there were Jews in Washington’s army. Not many, because there were not many Jews in America at the time. As for homosexuals and atheists, I’d bet big money that there were quite a few of both in that army.

    All of which is beside the point. I do not care about the religion or sexual preferences of the men who fought and died in that war. Why does Mickey’s corespondent care?

  • http://www.facebook.com/den.wilson d.c.wilson

    Anyone else terrified that this is who we have defending our nation?

  • http://www.ranum.com Marcus Ranum

    your alls’

    That’s really epic. I’ve heard that construction in movies, of course, but never seen it spelled before.

  • http://www.ranum.com Marcus Ranum

    And you so deserve to burn if you reject Christ’s love

    Somehow that doesn’t scream “love” to me. That looks more like a threat – a particularly goofy threat: “love me, or else…” It’s good to see our military is so up on the “hearts & minds” still. (BTW, with an attitude like his towards the muslims and jews, how can he possibly be a safe person to send to the middle east or Afghanistan with a gun in his hand?)

  • http://www.ranum.com Marcus Ranum

    Anyone else terrified that this is who we have defending our nation?

    Don’t worry, he’s not defending our nation. He’s attacking others.

    And they wonder why most of the islamic world sees them as “crusaders”…

  • http://www.facebook.com/joseph.stricklin josephstricklin

    Oh Lordy Jesus Ed…never ever stop posting these. Always the highlight of my day.

  • corporal klinger

    I’m starting to wonder when the people of the US start to realize, that a 21st century nation that spends 700+ billions of dollars for the military and whose educational system is so broken that it produces such people, is going to fall.

    It also scares the crap out of me to think that people with these kind of mindset have potentially access or control of WMDs.

  • Synfandel

    Stay tuned for the email sequels: Pray Hard 2, Pray Hard with a Vengeance, Live Free or Pray Hard, and A Good Day to Pray Hard. “Yippee-amen, motherf*cker.”

  • Donnie

    @9 Corporal Klinger:

    I’m starting to wonder when the people of the US start to realize, that a 21st century nation that spends 700+ billions of dollars for the military and whose educational system is so broken that it produces such people, is going to fall.

    Which is why my wife and I are funding our retirement accounts in order to buy a house in Europe and retire. It will not protect us from the idiots with WMD, but if I can get out of the country without the GOP ruining the economy and my 401(k) then I am out of here. Snagglepus why….stage right.

    Hopefully, by the time we retire, natural selection has worked within our political parties and the pendulum swings back to the left.

  • busterggi

    4 d.c.wilson

    January 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm

    Anyone else terrified that this is who we have defending our nation?

    Fighting religious crazies with religious crazies? Either way the religious crazies win.

  • Larry

    God forbid this guy ever getting out of the army. We have enough GOP congressmen like him already.

  • http://www.facebook.com/jason.criley jason the cripple

    We won the Revolutionary war with Christians dying and fighting in our victorious army and navy.

    What religion does he think the English were?

  • corporal klinger

    @ Donnie #11

    I really hope that your dreams become true.

    Take a look into Bretagne – Golf de Morbihan.

  • Michael Heath

    And you so deserve to burn [in Hell] if you reject Christ’s love.

    Well no, not even close. The biblical threat of such results in evil by the biblical god(s)’ that is infinite. I.e., unimaginable suffering for all eternity. I’ve yet to meet even one Christian willing to take this on.

  • sigurd jorsalfar

    During the Revolution, the opposing army and navy was entirely christian. That fact of American history seems to be completely unknown to the emailer, and renders nugatory his argument that christianity had anything to do with winning the revolution.

  • matty1

    According to this there were 160 Jewish soldiers on the American side and that despite the fact many state/colony governments banned Jews from armed service.

  • John Hinkle

    If we can unharden your and the MFRR’s hearts we can remove satan’s influnece in our Army.

    God’s the decider and he alone decides whose hearts get unhardened. And besides, I thought religious people had the hardened hearts and not unenslaved minds.

  • grumpyoldfart

    I’ll bet that prayer fest never happened. Just some enlisted man thought he’d take the piss out of somebody famous.

  • Sastra

    And I love this idea that they can save them even if they don’t want too be saved if they “pray hard enough.” How does one pray hard enough?

    No. You do not want to hear about the mental picture I just formed.

  • zbeeblebrox

    I see a new Bruce Willis “Pray Hard” franchise in near future.

  • jefferylanam

    It’s quite likely that there were Muslims fighting in the American Revolution, maybe on both sides. At the time, slaves were still being imported from Africa, many of whom were Muslims. Both sides used freedmen and runaways.

    I found this:

    Under George Washington, several Muslim Americans served in the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. Bampett Muhammad, for example, fought for the “Virginia Line” between 1775 and 1783. History also denotes a man named Yusuf Ben Ali, referred to by his slave name Joseph Benhaley. Ben Ali was descended from North African Arabs and served as an aide to General Thomas Sumter in South Carolina.

  • elpayaso

    i just love the fact that this chaplain is spewing this kind of shit whilst being paid with tax dollars

  • freehand

    We won the Revolutionary war with Christians dying and fighting in our victorious army and navy.

    Didn’t we lose Viet Nam? And Iraq? And I would consider Korea a tie.

  • Synfandel

    Didn’t we lose Viet Nam? And Iraq? And I would consider Korea a tie.

    And the War of 1812.

  • Ichthyic

    He has most of your alls’ family pictures from the internet and FaceBook.

    creepy stalker is creepy.

  • felidae

    Not the jews or the muslams buddists or athiests or homosexuals.

    He only gets 40% on his spelling test! though that’s being generous as it is hard to misspell “jews”

  • Ichthyic

    And you so deserve to burn if you reject Christ’s love.

    and of course, this is the goal of all these lying motherfuckers… they just want to see Mikey burn for heresy.

    nothing has changed in 400 years.

    they don’t just not belong in the military, people who are this authoritarian should be simply excised from society entirely.

    seriously.

    they are very, very dangerous.

  • Nick Gotts

    it is hard to misspell “jews” – felidae

    But he did manage to give it a lower-case initial letter – incidentally a staple of antisemitic discourse, although in this case mere ignorance is an alternative explanation.

  • mobius

    When it really comes down to it, Christians really don’t believe in free will. In their view, God is always making people do things.

  • http://www.facebook.com/glreeder Daft Greg

    > 12 Christian Army couples who enough care to try to save you all in spite of yourselves

    Two dozen people and not one of them could correct the spelling or grammar?

  • stace

    Two dozen people and not one of them could correct the spelling or grammar?

    I can just see them all sitting around the table reading the draft, “yeah, man, that’s great, don’t change a word, oh, wait, don’t capitalize “jews”, that’s giving them too much credit.”