Melbourne School of Theology is looking to appoint a Coordinator of Post-Graduate Studies, commencing in Semester 1, 2013.
Melbourne School of Theology is an evangelical Christian Theological College, located in Wantirna, Victoria, offering a range of courses, degrees and post-graduate awards under the Australian College of Theology (ACT).
The Australian College of Theology is a self-accrediting Higher Education Provider, providing leadership to, and comprising a network of affiliated colleges offering high quality education and research in theology and Christian practice.
Appointment: We are seeking to appoint a full-time Senior Lecturer/Coordinator of Post-Graduate Studies.
Role Summary: As a member of the Faculty, you will Chair the Post-Graduate Studies Committee, and provide strategic leadership to the Post-Graduate Studies department, which is a growing and vital component of the overall academic program at Melbourne School of Theology.
The role will include the following key responsibilities and areas of focus:
- To chair and oversee the Post-Graduate Committee, and department, of MST;
- To develop and nurture a culture of excellence in research at MST,
- actively encouraging and promoting MST as a preferred provider of post- graduate studies to the wider church and mission community;
- To provide advice, guidance, supervision and facilitation of the candidate process, including participation in the relevant Committees and forums of the Australian College of Theology (ACT);
- To prepare and teach allocated courses; To facilitate the appointment of supervisors for post-graduate students,
- and provide mentoring and training of supervisors, as well as younger lecturers, where appropriate;
- Participate fully as a member of the Faculty and Staff team at MST.
Expressions of Interest, along with CV, can be sent to:
c/- Melbourne School of Theology
PO Box 6257,
Vermont South 3133