Iyov memed me and so I have to tell you six unspectacular things about myself.
1) In my first “band” (yes, the quotes are necessary), the drummer didn’t actually have a drum set and used to bang on a chair.
2) As a child my sister’s pet turtle ate my pet goldfish.
3) I’m the only person in my department who has performed in Butler’s Eidson-Duckwall Recital Hall (I accompanied my son on the piano for one of his early violin recitals). I think “performed” probably needs quotes too.
4) When I lived in Romania I was extremely excited to be able to buy homogenized milk in a carton (in Romania they sell milk in plastic bags) from Hungary. I would bring back multiple containers and freeze them until the next trip.
5) I tidy up my desk about once a semester (apart from the space right in front of me where I need to work).
6) I often have trouble coming up with one last thing to mention about myself when memed, and may spend long amounts of time agonizing over it before eventually giving up.
Iyov gives the lengthy chain of transmission of the meme, but I don’t have the patience to reproduce it here (or the interest to link to some of those blogs). But I do have to pass it on, and so I send it to: Drew Tatusko, Michael Halcomb, Kay Paris, Michael Homan, John Shuck and Jay Steele.
Meme Terms and Conditions
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules on your blog.
- List six unspectacular things about you.
- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
I’ve been interviewed at Pisteuomen, where you can learn even more about me. I won’t try to compare the significance of the facts I share those with the ones I shared here – you can do that yourselves.
Elsewhere around the web and blogosphere, Drulogion continues looking at N. T. Wright’s Surprised by Hope. NT Wrong talks about women and the empty tomb. Dharma Wants You has released its sixth assessment. Debunking Christianity shares a video that explains why those who understand science laugh at young-earth creationists: