Missed your chance to see Killing Jesus tonight? Want to revisit a scene or two? No worries — several new clips from the film were released over the last few days, and you can watch them all, or at least follow the links to them, below the jump.
First, USA Today has the first four-and-a-half minutes of the movie, in which Herod the Great has nightmares, goes to the Temple, and meets the Magi (I watched them shoot the bit where Herod and the priests walk into the Temple courtyard):
Next, TV Line has an (unembeddable) 84-second clip showing Herod’s death.
Next, a two-and-a-half minute clip of Jesus delivering the Sermon on the Mount:
Next, a two-minute clip of Salome dancing before Herod Antipas (rather stripper-like, if you ask me — I could have done without the shot of Antipas licking her knee):Next, Judas buys the rope with which to hang himself, instead of returning his money to the priests a la Matthew 27 or buying a field with it a la Acts 1:
And finally, MSN has an (unembeddable) two-minute clip of Jesus carrying his cross and being taunted by Malchus. (I watched them film this scene, too.)
Check out earlier videos here:
- The Hollywood Reporter behind-the-scenes featurette (January 7, 2015)
- The first trailer (February 18, 2015)
- The Beliefnet spot and the website trailer (March 11, 2015)
- The Chris Menaul, Haaz Sleiman, Abhin Galeya, Joe Doyle, John Rhys-Davies, Eoin Macken, Emmanuelle Chriqui and Stephen Moyer interviews, the ‘What It’s Like to Play Jesus’, ‘The Power Struggle of the Time’, ‘Behind the Production’, ‘Filming in Morocco’, ‘The Costumes’, ‘The Women’s Costumes’ and ‘The Hair and Make-Up’ featurettes, and a 30-second TV spot (March 21, 2015)
- The ‘Let Those without Sin…’ and ‘Scourge Him!’ clips, the Kelsey Grammer and Stephanie Leonidas interviews, and several other interviews (March 26, 2015)