The Best 100 Theological Books and Commentaries
What follows are my top 100 Christian academic works & commentaries. I created it because many people who read my Best 100 Christian Books Ever Written list wanted my “theological and scholarly work” recommendations, including commentaries.
The list below represents what I regard to be seminal books, and the most helpful in their genres (given what I’ve read so far).
Please keep the following in mind as you view this list:
* To keep the list to 100 volumes, it only contains books written during the 20th and 21st centuries.
* I’ve not added Old Testament commentaries simply because I haven’t read enough of them to rate them against one another. What’s listed are the most helpful New Testament commentaries I have come across so far.
* Just because a book or a commentary appears on this list doesn’t mean that I agree with every word of it. Nor does it mean that I agree with everything the author has ever said or done.
* The books do not appear in any particular order, except that the commentaries appear at the end. Some of the books listed do not show the book covers, but they are still available for purchase. Shipping is free for orders of $25 or more.
* I’m an Amazon affiliate, so if you purchase a book from this list, I receive a small commission.
* My books appear at the end of the list because they reflect the same theology of some of these titles. But they are not counted as part of the 100 books.
IF YOU CAN’T SEE THE LIST BELOW: It means you have some sort of “ad blocker” activated. You can deactivate the ad blocker or just view this page in the Safari web browser.
Christian Academic Books
New Testament Commentaries
My Books (not included in the 100 count)