Invitation to the New Testament First Things is a book by Ben Witherington III published by Oxford University Press.
Writing with his usual flair and reader-friendly style, renowned scholar, author, and lecturer Ben Witherington offers a balanced approach to the New Testament in this exceptional introductory text. Addressing the content, context, and interpretation of the New Testament in a faith-friendly light, Invitation to the New Testament: First Things is unique in that keeps the original social and rhetorical milieux of the New Testament in mind. An ideal textbook for college survey courses, this volume is also captivating reading for seminary students and general readers.
* Numerous dynamic color photos keep students engaged
* Maps and charts provide visual overviews at a glance
* Marginal definitions bring students up to speed on new concepts
* Chapter-ending study questions review key ideas and encourage reflection
* First-century quotations expose students to the world of the New Testament
* A Closer Look boxes cover more advanced topics
* An Instructor’s Manual on CD (not included with book, available separately) includes PowerPoint-based lecture outlines, chapter goals and summaries, media resources, pedagogical suggestions, and key terms
* A Companion Website offers all of the material from the Instructor’s Manual along with self-quizzes and flashcards of key terms for students