On every season of The Bachelor/ette, the producers give the main contestant an opportunity to spend the night with three of the remaining options, in what is euphemistically called “The Overnight Date,” but what would be more appropriately called the “Put Out or Get Out Date.” There are many terrible moments in the “Overnight Date” episodes, but here are the top five absolute worst:
5. The moment when the key and invitation to the suit comes out. Because, there’s no good way to ask someone to have sex with you on television. There’s just not. Don’t do it. And – for the love of all that is holy – don’t do it three times in one episode.
4. The moment when the key/sexual proposition is accepted. It usually goes something like this. “I normally wouldn’t spend the night with someone this soon in a relationship, but I really like you and am making an exception. This one time.” Many contend the “Fantasy Suite” is not about sex. As original Bachelorette Trista Sutter tweeted, “Fantasy Suite isn’t all about sexual fantasies as it may imply. In my mind, it was more about getting 1 on 1 time without cameras. Sooo impt!” Of course, if it wasn’t about sex, the “date” wouldn’t occur in a hotel room.
3. After they pretend to use the ridiculously old fashioned key to get into a typically modern luxurious suite. They ooh and ah over the accommodations, but the impending awkwardness ruins our appreciation of the high thread count sheets and ocean side view.
2. The moment when the bachelor walks into the rose ceremony, because he’s now had sex with all of them and the women usually compete for eye-contact.
1. The second after he gives out the last rose. Someone’s gamble – it’s worth it to “give myself totally” to this guy – won’t pay off, and she’ll be sent packing in the limo ride of shame. It’s not worth it, guys and gals!
You might also enjoy this Bachelor-related article: