As an atheist, I must endure:
– Not being able to run for public office in some states at all. (Link)
– Not having a reasonable chance to win an office even if I did run. (Link)
– (Possibly) Having to say a prayer and a pledge to God at Little League baseball games. (Link)
– Not being able to join the Boy Scouts. (Link)
– Saying the Pledge of Allegiance at a school where I might teach. (Link)
– Not being able to join the Salvation Army. (Link)
– Not being able to finish Alcoholics Anonymous’ 12-step program. (Link)
What else can we add to this list…?
And while some of these organizations are private, they do get government funding… but are any of these offenses not really a problem?
[tags]atheist, public, office, pledge, little league, salvation, army, boy scouts, alcoholics anonymous[/tags]