In honor of Bertrand Russell’s birthday today, The Exterminator at No More Hornets created a puzzle for you to solve. It’s fun as long as you are literate and can follow instructions… hey, wait! Come back!
Start with the words Bertrand Russell, Atheist. Line up the letters, closing the spaces between words and eliminating the comma. Then perform each step. When you arrive at the end, if you’ve followed all directions correctly, you’ll find an appropriate phrase.
01. Start here: BERTRANDRUSSELLATHEIST
02. reverse the order of the 6th and 7th letters from the right
03. change all L’s to C’s
04. move the 3rd consonant from the right to make it the second letter from the left
05. reverse the order of the 4th and 7th letters from the left
06. move the 5th letter from the left to the right end
07. move the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th letters from the left, in that order, to the right end
08. change all E’s to Y’s
09. insert MN in place of U
10. change the 4th letter from the left to a W
11. wherever a letter appears twice in a row, remove one
12. reverse the order of the 2nd and 3rd letters from the right
13. double the 2nd letter from the left
14. change all B’s to A’s15. move the 3rd letter from the left to the right end
16. replace all R’s with I’s
17. replace the 2nd S from the right with O, and drop the letter after it
18. not counting Y as a vowel, reverse the order of the 1st two vowels from the left
19. reverse the order of the 10th and 11th letters from the right
20. move the last letter at the right to the left of the 1st Y from the right
21. reverse the order of the 1st and 4th letters from the left
22. reverse the order of all C’s and the letters just to the right of them
23. replace the 7th letter from the [right] with an R
There was one mistake I found in the original puzzle (in rule 23, “left” should be “right”) so I corrected it above.
Cool puzzle! Thanks to No More Hornets for creating it.
[tags]atheist, atheism, Bertrand Russell, puzzle[/tags]