In a few hours, I’ll be heading to downtown Naperville, IL for “The Party that shall not be named.” And then I’m taking a hiatus from the world (Minus one event) until I’m done with the new Harry Potter book.
In the meantime, here’s a project.
There are certain questions that atheists get asked all the time. If you search online, the answers we give are often long-winded when they don’t have to be. Yes, there are some questions that demand longer answers. But many of them can be answered in a sentence or two.
How would you respond to the following questions?
I’m not looking for simple “yes” or “no” answers, but rather answers that anyone can understand and any atheist can remember.
In the comments, please cite the question when giving an answer. And if I’ve left out a question (or you don’t like how a particular question is worded), leave those thoughts in the comments as well.
If this works, I’ll put out a PDF of the best Qs and As.
- Why do you not believe in God?
- Where do your morals come from?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Is atheism a religion?
- If you don’t pray, what do you do during troubling times?
- Should atheists be trying to convince others to stop believing in God?
- Weren’t some of the worst atrocities in the 20th century committed by atheists?
- How could billions of people be wrong when it comes to belief in God?
- Why does the universe exist?
- How did life originate?
- Is all religion harmful?
- What’s so bad about religious moderates?
- Is there anything redeeming about religion?
- What if you’re wrong about God (and He does exist)?
- Shouldn’t all religious beliefs be respected?
- Are atheists smarter than theists?
- How do you deal with the historical Jesus if you don’t believe in his divinity?
- Would the world be better off without any religion?
- What happens when we die?
[tags]atheist, atheism, FAQ, questions, answers, God, Jesus, religion[/tags]