He didn’t see any speaking in tongues (damn) but he still has a lot to say about it.
On a side note, I haven’t been to a church that had a pool table on the premises much less several really nice ones! Chad, you lucky dog, you.
And what did this pastor talk about? Chad paraphrases:
- Your body is holy
- Treat your body with respect in life and in death
- Burial is the way to go out. Cremation is for pagans and should stay that way.
- Tattoos are bad
- Cremation is really bad and Christians shouldn’t do it. I mean, God can still resurrect you, but you gotta make it easy on him. Don’t cremate yourself.
- Homosexuality is bad
- Pagans are bad
- Did I mention cremation yet? Because it’s bad. In fact, the polls show that more and more people are getting cremated, and this is just evidence that they are leaving Christianity and becoming pagans.
- I’m hoping the rapture is right around the corner, but you shouldn’t live like that. prepare yourself to die rather than be raptured
- And by the way, if you come back tonight at five o’clock, I’ll give you my top ten reasons why cremation is bad
Chad doesn’t mention the pastor talking about organ donation at all, which is upsetting. I also didn’t read anything about the pastor encouraging people to donate their bodies to science.
Can someone please explain why these Christians don’t like cremation? Is there any rational explanation for it? Do churches ever encourage organ donation?
Chad also ends with a surprising conclusion about another church located near this one…