This weekend, for the fourth year in a row, the leaders of nearly all the major atheist/humanist organizations in the country will be meeting in Tampa, Florida to discuss ways to collaborate, share resources, and decide best methods to share our message with others.
Participating organizations include:
- American Atheists
- American Ethical Union
- American Humanist Association
- Atheist Alliance International
- The Brights
- Camp Quest
- Center for Atheism/NYC Atheists
- Center for Inquiry
- Freedom from Religion Foundation
- Humanist Institute
- Humanists of Florida Association
- Institute for Humanist Studies
- Internet Infidels
- Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers
- Objectivity Accuracy and Balance in Teaching About Religion
- Rational Response Squad
- Richard Dawkins Net/RDFRS/Out Campaign
- Secular Coalition for America
- Secular Student Alliance
- Society for Humanistic Judaism
Already, the agenda features exciting ideas for collaboration. I’m hoping some will come to fruition and get support from the organizations’ representatives.
If you’d like to send this group of leaders a message or share some suggestions, leave a comment. I’d be glad to share them at the meeting.