I’m tired of the negative atheist stereotypes.
You know the ones I’m talking about: that we’re evil, angry, militant, baby-eating, unfunny, insensitive, immoral, etc.
They’re obviously untrue (even though babies are *delicious*), but even worse, they’re ignorant. People who says those things have no idea what they’re talking about. And no matter what we do to prove them wrong, it usually falls flat.
But if people will believe lies, why not at least spread some less harmful ones…?
It would become much harder to hate us if our image shifted to something more neutral or positive from what it is right now.
So I’ll start us off.
Things people should know about atheists:
- We get a 10% discount at participating Chipotles.
- We can run the mile in under three minutes.
- We drive Honda Civics.
- We get to take four ounces of liquid aboard planes when we fly.
- We can speedread.
- We are two inches taller than the general population (on average).
- We don’t have six-pack abs. We have eight-packs.
- We get free HBO.
- We get an extra two days in February.
- We never need to iron our clothes.
There. Now, go spread the new stereotypes!
Or add some of your own…