A couple weeks ago, I mentioned that atheists in Ottawa, Canada were trying to put up bus ads of their own.
The Humanist Association of Ottawa‘s ads — the same as the popular British ones reading, “There’s probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” — were deemed “too offensive” by advertisers and subsequently rejected.
The next meeting of the city council is Wednesday night, March 11th. The motion to reinstate the ad campaign will be discussed and voted upon.
Several ways (and they don’t all involve living in Canada):
- come to the council meeting at City Hall on Wednesday, 11 March (more information here)
- write a letter to your city councilor (email addresses and suggestions here)
- donate to the Canada wide atheist bus campaign (tax deductible)
- or, direct your donation specifically to the Ottawa atheist bus campaign (not tax deductible)
- join the FaceBook group — tell your friends
Here’s hoping Ottawa gets to spread the atheist bus love.
(Thanks to Seanna for the link!)