The Secular Coalition for America — the group in Washington D.C. that lobbies on behalf of the non-religious — currently consists of nine member organizations:
- American Ethical Union
- American Humanist Association
- Atheist Alliance International
- Camp Quest
- Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Institute for Humanist Studies
- Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers
- Secular Student Alliance
- Society for Humanistic Judaism
One of those groups will finally be applying for SCA membership: American Atheists.
It’s not a done deal or anything. The current membership still has to vote on AA’s inclusion. But if that all goes well, we’ll be that much closer to having at least a strong sense of unity (if not total unity) between all these groups. Historically, they haven’t all worked together on many things. SCA is an exception to that rule.
CFI, it’s your turn now.