Here’s why I can’t stand Jews.
- They’re boring.
- They keep complaining about being oppressed.
- They keep talking about the same damn things all the time — Holocaust this and Israel that.
- They always claim they’re victims.
- They only constitute a small percentage of Americans — probably because they can’t win over any converts.
- They still complain about how state Constitutions bar them from holding office — really, only six of them do — even though the Supreme Court has said those provisions are unenforceable.
- They want affirmative action for their kind — one representative from the “pity-poor-me” school of Jews even said they need “safe spaces” at colleges!
- They assume everyone who doesn’t agree with them is “beyond stupid.”
- They never want to take on the serious arguments that theologians have made in favor of the Christian god.
- Some Jews think Jesus never even existed. So what do they know?
- They’re not rational. They’re just angry. Angry because they think the world is unfair to them. Angry that someone forced them to go to church as a child. Some Jews are so angry, they sued the government to prevent a Christian prayer from being spoken at President Obama’s inauguration. The gall!
Now… if I actually believed that, I’d be called every name in the book. And rightfully so. Those are ignorant, bigoted, hateful remarks. They’re also wildly stereotypical and extremely inaccurate.When Charlotte Allen says the exact same things about atheists, however, she gets published in the Los Angeles Times.
I’ve been staring at this article for a while… partly wondering what was going through Allen’s head, and partly wondering why the LA Times would publish such garbage.
There’s one up side to the piece, though: If Allen can get crap like this published, it gives every other aspiring author hope.
Sam Harris often posts articles that mention his name on his website without comment. When he posted this one, he felt a need to add one statement:
[Harris’ Note: This is, without a doubt, one of the most embarrassingly stupid attacks on the “new atheists” to be published in a major newspaper.]
I await Allen’s response about how Harris is just letting out his atheist anger…
If you’d like to respond to this piece, letters-to-the-editor can be sent to email@example.com.
Jim Newton is the editor of the editorial pages and oversees the Op-Ed page in which this piece was published. You can find his contact information here.