Just as I did last year, I gave my math students (mostly sophomores, some seniors) a brief questionnaire at the end of the year. It’s a self-reflection where I gauge what they thought of my class and me as a teacher. I promised them I wouldn’t read their responses until after final grades were submitted.
Let’s see what this year’s more entertaining responses say (spelling and grammar is unchanged):
- Alec Baldwin
- Drew Peterson
Did you look forward to coming to this class each day? Why or why not?:
- No, because listening to each stupid, idiotic person in this class drained & lowered my IQ by 20 points every single day.
Name at least three things you would change about this class:
- No. Logs. Ever.
- Have lights off all the time [Umm… I don’t know where the student’s going with this one…]
- Occasionally have Mehta eat a bug.
What did I do as a teacher that you liked? Disliked?
- You made fun of me! [I’m not sure if that’s under “likes” or “dislikes”…]
- I disliked the way you said “figure“
- Don’t say “So here’s the idea” (so annoying)
- I hate the way you say figure
Your friends are taking this class with me next year… What will you tell them about it?
Were there any days/activities that stood out in your mind?
- I hate freshman
- Don’t annoy the teacher because he’s weird.
- Wear a He-Man shirt on the first day of class
- Have fun… he shows you nerdy internet things
- Bug him, carry on the legacy.
- Your screwed!
- The day we started logs = WORST DAY OF MY LIFE!
What should I do more of? What should I do less of?
- Wear different shoes
- Get an easier to say name
- You should sing and dance more, sort of like a broadway show, only it’s all about Geometry
- Speak Spanish. Be mean on Fridays.
Did you look forward to this class each day? Why or why not?:
- Yes. To make fun of [another student].
- No. [Another student] would hit me with a pillow case full of bars of soap if I asked questions.
Did you feel comfortable coming to me for help?:
- Sometimes. Sometimes you ignored me and was like… ask your friends, but there stupid.
Did you study for quizzes and tests? If so, for how long? (Please be honest)
- Yes dear god & it did nothing
Homework: Too easy or too hard? Too much or too little?:
- I dunno — never did any of it
Any other comments/concerns?:
- I really liked you as a teacher & you took way too much shit from people in this class. [It’s true. I did. Never again…]
- EAT A BUFFALO BURGER. It’s good…
- Eat some meat and the lady math teachers will be all up on you
- Next year grow dredlocks and pretend your Jamaican for the new sophmores for the first week.
Next year, I must not allow for anonymity…