As of last week, the members of the Secular Coalition for America — the group in Washington D.C. that lobbies on behalf of the non-religious — included the following nine organizations:
- American Ethical Union
- American Humanist Association
- Atheist Alliance International
- Camp Quest
- Freedom From Religion Foundation
- Institute for Humanist Studies
- Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers
- Secular Student Alliance
- Society for Humanistic Judaism
As of this afternoon, there is a new group to add to that list: American Atheists.
The group was voted in as the tenth member organization of the SCA — an excellent addition of one of the most historic and proudly-atheist groups in the country.