It’s not a surprise to those who follow the issue that the U.S. military has a history of trying to evangelize, convert, and proselytize to Muslims.
Chris Rodda has compiled an extensively-researched list of the “Top Ten Ways to Convince the Muslims We’re On a Crusade.”
Here are the main points (the details are on her posting):
10. Have top U.S. military officers, Defense Department officials, and politicians say we’re in a religious war
9. Have top U.S. military officers appear in a video showing just how Christian the Pentagon is
8. Plant crosses in Muslim lands and make sure they’re big enough to be visible from really far away
7. Paint crosses and Christian messages on military vehicles and drive them through Iraq6. Make sure that our Christian soldiers and chaplains see the war as a way to fulfill the Great Commission
5. Post photos on the internet of U.S. soldiers with their rifles and Bibles
4. Invite virulently anti-Muslim speakers to lecture at our military colleges and service academies
3. Have a Christian TV network broadcast to the world that the military is helping missionaries convert Muslims
2. Make sure Bibles and evangelizing materials sent to Muslim lands have official U.S. military emblems on them
1. Send lots of Arabic, Dari, and Pashtu language Bibles to convert the Muslims
It’s a disturbing article that needs to be making the rounds.