Well… because god doesn’t exist. I know.
But Christians give a whole host of reasons for why we can’t see him. One Furious Llama rattles off a list:
- It’s a test, or, your time on earth is a test or tribulation
- He shows himself all the time you just don’t realize you’re seeing him (as in nature, apparent order)
- He once did, people didn’t believe, people wouldn’t believe now so he doesn’t bother
- Only evil people ask for a sign or proof, so don’t ask, he won’t give it to you anyway
- He does manifests himself by answering prayers
He’s got another ten where those came from and they get progressively crazier (“His ‘matter’ doesn’t interact with photons and since we mostly use electromagnetic waves to detect things, we can’t, detect him”).
We can do better than that. What’s the most amusing reason you can think of to explain why we can’t detect god?
I’ll send a FriendlyAtheist wristband (sent to me by reader Shauna and her sister Danni) to the commenter who earns the most “likes”!