- Parent-Teacher conferences last night, today all day, and tonight.
- Weekly Speech Team/Forensics tournaments… and almost-daily practices. (But the kids are sooooo freaking talented.)
- Foundation Beyond Belief board meeting last weekend (Lots of amazing ideas came from it, though… can’t wait to share them all with you soon!)
- *cough cough hack snot asthma wheeze*
- Grandfather’s 90th (!!!) birthday party. One day, I will steal his genes.
- Weekly classes I’m taking as I work toward becoming a “Nationally Board Certified” teacher… a title that the Powers That Be *might* bestow on you only after you submit 329042 pages explaining how you improve students’ math scores with everything you do, videotape 30 minutes’ worth of classes, submit another 329841 pages analyzing those videos, assess students’ work in the classroom, submit more pages explaining how your comments on their work helped them get better at life, take six hours of exams covering all the major high school math subjects, and (I assume) much begging and groveling.
So if I haven’t gotten back to you in the past couple of weeks, that’s why.
But there’s a long weekend coming up! The goal is to achieve Inbox Zero by Sunday night. Pray for me.
Stay in touch! Like Friendly Atheist on Facebook: